"The high quality of healthcare we provide will be an efficient and effective service, responsive to patient demand and accessible to all"
Dr Hamid's Practice, Nye Bevan House
We are confident that our website will provide clear and concise help and give our patients the information they require in an easy and convenient format. It has been designed with the patient’s needs at the forefront of everything, from checking surgery times to letting us know what you think of us.
If you have any communication/information needs relating to disability, impairment or sensory loss that you want us to know about, please speak to our reception team so we can record your preferred method of contact and ensure you can receive your health information in a format you can understand, for example large print.
Standard Operating procedures
During these unprecedented times we have had to make changes in the way we work for patient and staff safety. The Practice Staff have been working under pressure during a very difficult and challenging period.
The practice staff during these difficult times have had to on a regular basis face hostility and aggression from pockets of patients who are not willing to follow the SOP in place at the practice. We ask all patients to follow the SOP in place which are in place for patient and staff safety. Whilst the UK has passed the coronavirus peak there still deaths on a daily basis and there is still a high risk of catching the Covid-19 Infection.
The practice operates a zero tolerance policy and will not tolerate any form of aggression towards the staff this could result in you being removed from the practice list.
Dr Hamid's Practice COVID-19 Updates
The NHS in Heywood, Middleton Rochdale and Public Health England (PHE) are extremely well prepared for outbreaks of new infectious diseases. The NHS has put in place measures to ensure the safety of all patients and NHS staff while also ensuring services are available to the public as normal.
The risk to the general public is moderate. If you have arrived back to the UK from mainland China, Thailand, Japan, Republic of Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia or Macau within 14 days, follow the specific advice for returning travellers.
Registered Manager: Dr Abid Hamid
Practice Manager: Mrs Sahda Ali
The surgery is located in central Rochdale across from Rochdale Railway Station
Patients are able to book routine appointments over the internet.
If you are unable to access the Internet please make one of our reception staff aware.
Under the Health and Social Care 2008 (The Care Quality Commission (Registration) Regulations 2009 Part 4), the registering body (Dr Hamid’s Practice) is required to provide to the Care Quality Commission a statement of purpose.
The Practice Aims and Objectives:
- To provide personalised, effective and high quality general practice services, committed to the healthcare of all our patients.
- To continually improve healthcare services to patients through learning, monitoring and auditing.
- To ensure safe and effective services and environment.
- To take care of all staff, ensuring a motivated and competent team.
- Treat all patients and staff with dignity, respect and honesty.
- To focus on promoting health and wellbeing and the prevention of disease in the community.
- To work in partnership with our patients their families and carers. To involve them in decision making about their treatment by listening and supporting them, allowing them independence and choice.
- To ensure robust governance systems are in place to cover all aspects of confidentiality.
- To guide our employees in diversity and equality.
Our purpose is to provide all patients with the highest quality of care and continuous improvement of healthcare. We aim to achieve this by continuing to offer training and development to both clinical and administration staff, to achieve the latest advances in primary healthcare.
(Site updated 13/07/2020)